AMSTI Grant New DeadlineFor those following the AMSTI Grant, the deadline to apply has been pushed back to September 30. If you plan on using the grant for FLL or FLL Jr., make sure you're paying attention to what it can be used for, when the money would be available, and when you would need to purchase items. It might be a good idea to use the AMSTI grant toward things you would like to use next year rather than this year, given the timeline.
Upcoming EventsNovember 10, 2018
- FIRST® LEGO® League UAH Society of Women Engineers Qualifier at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.
December 1, 2018
- FIRST® LEGO® League Spirit Qualifier at Columbia High School.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Opportunity Qualifier at Columbia High School.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Europa Qualifier at Hampton Cove Middle School.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Enceladus Qualifier at Hampton Cove Middle School.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Battle of the Brook Qualifier at Crestline Elementary School in Mountain Brook.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Curiosity Expo at Columbia High School.
December 8, 2018
- FIRST® LEGO® League Randolph Qualifier at Randolph School.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Alexander City Qualifier at Central Alabama Community College.
March 2, 2019
- FIRST® LEGO® League Alabama Championship at Hampton Cove Middle School.
March 16, 2019
- FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Alabama Expo at the Von Braun Center.
Alabama FLL 2018 Championship ResultsU.S. Space & Rocket Center
|1st Place||2nd Place|
|Champion's Award||16965 Gigawatts||9458 Nerdettes|
|Research Award||32457 exSTREAM||30636 Waste Water Wizards|
|Innovative Solution Award||18238 Robocats||6283 LEGOtrons|
|Presentation Award||1250 Smart Water||1687 Grover Gearheads|
|Mechanical Design Award||298 Athens Robot Team||35235 Loxley LEGOnauts|
|Programming Award||24661 Hydro Heroes||30637 Irrigation Imagination|
|Strategy & Innovation Award||5072 The Variables||29294 Aqua Ducks|
|Robot Performance Award||10310 Mill Creek Robo-Crew (270)||30636 Waste Water Wizards (235)|
|Inspiration Award||24610 Short Circuits||32313 Patriotic Robotics|
|Teamwork Award||10310 Mill Creek Robo-Crew||31834 Circuit Breakers|
|Gracious Professionalism™ Award||660 Warrior Robotics||31293 Pride Bots|
|Coach/Mentor Award||Daniel Necaise|
|Volunteer Award||Anna Strutzenberg|
|Judges Award||16035 TigerBots Team Navy|
|FIRST Global Innovation Award Nominee||16965 Gigawatts|