Since Stop Build Day, Team Update 14 has been issued. This update mentions new software requirements for your event, and we want to make sure everyone is aware of the update (and how to manage it). Note that even though the software changes come from NI, the update suite is required for all teams, regardless of programming language.
Team Update 14 can be read in its entirety here: https://firstfrc.blob.core.windows.net/frc2019/Manual/TeamUpdates/TeamUpdate14.pdf
What You Will Need
- A computer running Windows 7 or later that you can take to your competition. This, ideally, will be your driver station laptop.
- Download the latest required FRC 2019 Update Suite from NI here: http://www.ni.com/download/first-robotics-software-2017/7904/en/. Make sure the version is FRCLabVIEWUpdate2019.2.0.
- Uninstall any old versions of the update suite you might have by following the directions here: https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/cpp/l/1027499-installing-the-frc-update-suite-all-languages. You can skip the step about downloading the update (since we did that in the last step).
- Run the install.
DO NOT UNBAG YOUR ROBOT TO PERFORM THIS UPDATE UNTIL THE INSPECTORS HAVE CLEARED YOU TO UNBAG THE ROBOT AT THE EVENT.
What To Do At The Event
- Connect the laptop (Driver Station) to your robot via USB.
- Power on the robot.
- Follow the directions to update your roboRIO here: https://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/currentCS/m/getting_started/l/1009233-imaging-your-roborio. Note that the roboRIO Image version you’re looking for is FRC_roboRIO_2019_v14.
If you have any spare roboRIOs that are not currently in the bag, you can set up a test configuration and upgrade those at home, as well. If you do the “At Home” steps now, then you will be ready to go ASAP once you get to your competition.
All the Best,
Regional Director, FIRST®