UAH FIRST Robotic KickoffSaturday January 8th Kickoff Schedule
FIRST has pushed the Kickoff Broadcast back a little from years past. (All times are Central Time)
- 10:00 am - Charger Union Theater Doors Open (The Dunkin' Donuts should be open)
- 10:30 am - Open Welcoming Remarks
- UAH Society of Women Engineers.
- UAH Administration Representative
- FIRST In Alabama Representative
- 11:00 am - Kickoff Broadcast Stream & Game Reveal from FIRST Headquarters, Manchester NH
- 11:45 am - After the Game Reveal, teams may exit the theater to pick up their Kit of Parts, but not before.
- 11:45 am - The start of the Field Tour videos and Q&A. Teams will want to stay to watch the Field Tour
- 12:15 pm - Broadcast Conclusion - End of the Field Tour. Teams should proceed to the Kit Distribution area to pick up their Kit of Parts
- 1:00 pm - Done, Everyone should have their Kit of Parts and heading back to their team's home site for brainstorming
https://www.firstinspires.org/robotics/frc/kickoff-broadcast (not live yet)
- The Kit of Parts will be distributed at the Kickoff. The exact location and details will be given out the day of the kickoff.
- Kits can not be distributed until after the Game Reveal.
- At the Kit Distribution Check In, teams should provide their Team Roster (for verification) and Consent and Release forms if you have them. I remind you that Consent and Release forms are required if and when you attend your first competition events.
- The person singing for and picking up the kit MUST be an adult (18 years or older) member of the team and must present a picture ID (driver license)
- Teams will then be given their Kickoff Kit Receipt and proceed to picking up their kit
- Verify your kit items, checking them off of your Kickoff Kit Receipt
- Rookie Teams will be receiving an extra GRAY Tote that will have to be opened to verify the presence of a netbook inside.
- All Teams are strongly encouraged NOT TO OPEN THEIR BLACK TOTE AT THE KICKOFF. BUT WAIT UNTIL BACK AT THEIR TEAM'S HOME BUILD SITE. Lessen the chance of losing parts.
- After verifying your Kit against your Kickoff Kit Receipt, sign, date/time and return your Kickoff Kit Receipt to the kickoff volunteer assisting you.
- Team Roster
- Adult Team Mentor 18 years old or older
- Picture ID
Surrogate Letter Pickup
If a team is unable to pick up its Kickoff Kit at the local kickoff selected, an alternate team may be designated to do so. Submit an authorized kit pick-up letter to FIRST by January 3, 2022. https://www.firstinspires.org/resource-library/frc/surrogate-kit-pick-up-information
But if you have any issues, please email me directly and I am sure we can work with you to get you our Kit of Parts.
Alternate Email Address
Team coaches, teachers or mentors; if over the winter break you will not have easy access to this email account (like a school account) and would like to give me an alternate email address to use before school opens back up, you can send me an alternate email to use over the winter break for any kickoff updates
Please let me know if your team will be traveling by a school bus so we can make arrangements and directions on where to park it.
Email me if you have any questions. See you all at the Kickoff!
Huntsville Kickoff Coordinator
Hotel Information Live Stream
Regional Planning Committee
1st row: Mike Chenoweth, Janella Chenoweth, Dana Hobbs, Andrea Tribo, Vicki Smith, Taylor Whisenant
2nd row: Drew Whisenant, Butch Wallace, Matthew Zacune, Trevor Harris, Juanna Carter, Randy Smith, Ed Sparks, Gary Dillard